Global environmental politics
• For additional general information, the Sustainable Development page is a good next stop.
Multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs) - guides
Browse by subject @ CIESIN
• CIESIN has a comprehensive one-page listing of key international environmental resources.
Ecolex: A Gateway to Environmental Law
• EcoLex has recently been revamped
• Probably the best starting point for any research on international environmental law and global environmental politics.
Environmental Treaties & Resource Indicators
Global Environmental Governance Project
Info repository: Multilateral Environmental Agreements
InforMEA: UN Information Portal on MEAs
International Environmental Agreements Database Project
International Environmental Law Research Guide @ of Michigan State University College of Law
International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
Tematea: Issue based modules for coherent implementation of biodiversity related conventions
Key research initiatives & resources
Animal Legal & Historical Center @ Michigan State University
• "...a comprehensive repository of information about animal law, including: over 1200 full text cases (US, historical, and UK), over
1400 US statutes, over 60 topics and comprehensive explanations, legal articles on a variety of animal topics and an
Earth System Governance
• "...the largest social science research network in the area of governance and global environmental change."
• Successor to International Human Dimenstions Programme on Global Environmental Change (IHDP), concluded 2014.
• "We transform environmental data into credible, science-based information products, delivered through innovative
communications tools and capacity building services."
International Council for Science (ICSU)
International Polictical Economy of Everyday Life (I-PEEL)
Nature's Diplomats: Ecological experts and the conservation policy of international organizations (1920-2000)
Political Ecology Network (POLLEN)
Key international environmental institutions
Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL)
Global Environment Facility (GEF)
• GEF-CSO Network
Global Legal Action Network (GLAN)
Global Pact for the Environment
Group on Earth Observations
High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
International Network for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement (INECE)
International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN)
UN Development Program (UNDP)
• Ecological Sciences for Sustainable Development
UN Environment Program (UNEP)
UN Food & Agriculture Program (FAO)
1972 United Nations Conference on the Human Environment